Sunday, 24 February 2013

Android Development

Hey everyone!

Behind the scenes, I've been working on promoting the concept of Idol-eyes, and also working something that will work for android.

Ren'py and android are pretty compatible now. I made a short tester game just to see if I could get it to work on android, and with the help of my boyfriend whom is an android developer anyway we managed to get it working successfully... until we hit a screen in which you have to input text.

I tried to use the softkeyboard framework but for some reason my build was just having none of it, but lurking somewhere in a forum I found an onscreen keyboard that makes use of python buttons which was really useful and worked perfectly well on android!

There are a few things that won't work for example cross fades and I also found changing music volumes didn't work, but the volume buttons etc. on the phone still work in android so not a massive problem. You can increase the text size to make it readable on a phone with just a change of settings in the options, but you'd have to also increase the button sizes because they can be a little difficult to press if you aren't careful.

All in all, pretty exciting stuff! I will still of course be developing Idol-eyes for the PC, Mac and Linux but it's cool to think it may be available on the app store at some point.

Other than that, it is confirmed that Chapter 1 will be the demo for Idol-eyes and we hope to get it out to you in the coming months. We'll let you know when the full game is available!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment