Wednesday, 30 January 2013

New Game Projects: Idol-Eyes

As mentioned, I also have another project on the go which is in a completely different format and direction. I want to practice a variety of different methods of game creation and I have experience with Visual Novel games in the past, so this is a shorter term project that I'm working on with two artists and a writer.

This game is a visual novel game, so will mostly be text and art based, aimed at young girls. 'Idol-Eyes' is the working title for this game, and will aim to create a more sophisticated and engaging story for young female players, as well as a style of art that is appealing but moves away from the traditional Japanese/anime aesthetic of visual novel games.


For this game, I'm using Ren'py and I'm in charge of putting the game together and also GUI art. I have experience in Graphic Design and an interest in GUI, but my main focus for this game will be the design and user experience. I want to add some interesting features to this game that may not be usual for visual novel games, but we'll see how ambitious I can be with this, considering it will be my first commercial project.

I'm excited about this because it's a format I love and know very well. I can't wait to see the story unfold! There is a working demo at the moment with a CG Gallery, custom menu selection with placeholder images and GUI.


This was my initial design but I've changed it since then, will upload the new version soon. And here is the menu screen with a bunch of placeholder images.

Here is a little of the story:

'Amidst the chaotic war between the planet Everdeen and Duslo, a competition sprouts on both sides to give citizens hope. Alicia Dew is one such contestant in the fight for fame and fortune. The winner of the Everdeen Promise Project will become the beauteous symbol of the military and the greatest celebrity in the land, all  whilst boosting morale for the troops and the citizens. Yet the lines between allies and enemies begin to blur when Alicia is kidnapped. Now she has seen both sides of the story, who will she choose?' Created by my good friend Sophie Johnson.


Look forward to working on this in my spare time!

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment